Become an intern for our next Mission!9th April 2019
Programme Intern – Seraphim Space Camp Job Descriptions
As a programme intern, your primary role will be supporting the team to deliver the programme. On a day-to-day basis, you will be supporting on the logistics and operational tasks to ensure all of the sessions and events run smoothly, taking a lead on the administrative duties, generally assisting the Space Camp team and being the first point of contact for the start-ups with any questions.
We are truly excited by the Space Tech industry and where it is going. The “New Space” movement is a rapidly growing industry and this role offers a high level of exposure to top-tier space corporates, industry specialists, venture capitalists and startups disrupting the ecosystem. All of our interns have progressed on to permanent positions in these areas.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Key support on day-to-day operations, meeting room bookings, catering, administration tasks, etc.
- Help to coordinate and plan the logistics for sessions and off-site visits with the mentors, corporate partners, space camp team and the startups.
- Hands-on support in the organisation of the Pitch/Demo Days and other programme sessions.
- Lend dual support for other members of leadership based on the needs of the business.
- Assist with internal weekly, monthly, and annual reporting.
- Manage expenses and travel bookings.
- Be highly active at community events and an amazing Seraphim Capital and Seraphim Space Camp advocate.
We’re searching for someone who is:
- Friendly, effective, hardworking and generally a very effective communicator.
- Interested in learning about entrepreneurship, startups, venture capital and SpaceTech.
- An outstanding multi-tasker who is comfortable being given a variety of responsibilities.
- Incredibly organised with great attention to detail.
- Is willing to pitch in wherever necessary and try new things.
- A dedicated self-starter who can stay ahead of the curve and react positively and quickly to last-minute changes.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement, take initiative, experiment, and welcome new challenges.
- Happy working in an exciting, busy and fast-paced environment.
- Has a great attitude, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- London-based or able to commute/move here for the duration of the contract.
- Educated to Undergraduate level in a relevant degree.
- Ability to stick to strict scheduling deadlines by running your own time and resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Computer skills – the more the better (Office, Outlook, Eventbrite, MailChimp are some examples).
- Application Deadline is 12/04/19
- Start Date is: April 2019
- The position is based in Central London
To apply for the role please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and a short 300-words cover letter to Claudia Mendzil (email@example.com).
Best of Luck!
Seraphim Space Camp is the UK’s first accelerator programme dedicated to the rapidly growing SpaceTech start-up sector. We’re on a mission to help Seed and Series A SpaceTech companies become sector-specific “investment-ready” and to facilitate commercial relationships with world-leading corporate partners. To date, we have supported 16 companies over 2 missions, which has helped them raise £16+ million in private investment and created over 50 job opportunities. This year we plan to build on our past success in London and expand internationally.
Backed by Seraphim Capital, the world’s leading Space Tech Venture Fund, Space Camp brings together a growing list of top-tier players in the SpaceTech industry. Space Corporates, Institutions, Specialist Investors and IP Experts, creating a globally unique proposition for start-ups.
Seraphim Space Camp is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.